By Sharif Shaalan
Salesforce certifications are a valuable tool for all participants in the Salesforce ecosystem. Although there are many talented individuals that may not have obtained the credentials, certifications indicate an easy baseline to measure an individual’s skill level. One example is the certified administrator credential. If you are searching for an admin for your organization, a candidate with the Admin Certification will stand out as someone who knows the platform. More importantly, this person knows how to configure the different components for your organization.
There are seven tracks for Salesforce certifications
- Administrators – This track consists of two certifications: Administrator and Advanced Administrator. Individuals with this credential configure user management and security. They have good experience with workflow and approvals, and know how to get the most out of core Sales and Service Cloud features. Also, they are masters in reporting.
- App Builders – This track consists of one certification. Individuals with this credential have broad knowledge of custom application development and design, build, and implement custom applications. They do so by using the declarative capabilities of the Force.com platform.
- Implementation Experts – This track consists of two certifications: Sales Cloud Consultant and Service Cloud Consultant. Individuals with these credentials can design and deploy solutions that support business processes and requirements using Salesforce applications.
- Marketers – This track consists of two certifications: Email Specialist and Social Specialist. Individuals with these credentials can use Marketing Cloud features and functionality to build and manage customer journeys.
- Pardot – This track consists of two certifications: Pardot Specialist and Pardot Consultant. Individuals with these credentials help marketing and sales teams work together to generate and qualify sales leads, shorten sales cycles. In addition, these individuals demonstrate marketing accountability.
- Architects – This track consists of one certification. Individuals with this credential have the ability to architect efficient and scalable solutions, which entails integrating the Force.com platform into the enterprise architecture.
- Developers – This track consists of two certifications: Platform Developer I and Platform Developer II. Individuals with this credential use the right mix of declarative and programmatic capabilities to create custom applications.
Depending on your needs, an individual with the right mix of certifications can deliver great value for your organization. Also, it is in your interest as an organization that uses the Salesforce platform to invest in certifications for your team. The credentials instill best practices so your customizations are done right for the first time. Finally, there are maintenance exams with each release that ensure certified individuals remain up to speed with the latest release.
For more information visit http://certification.salesforce.com/.
Sharif Shaalan is a Principal Consultant & Technical Architect at roundCorner. He is a Saleforce.com MVP. The MVP program recognizes exceptional individuals within the Salesforce community for their leadership, knowledge, and ongoing contributions.